Ok, first off, I have to say that Independence Day is one of my absolute
favorite holidays (I can't decide between that and Thanksgiving for the top slot)! I love feeling extra patriotic, listening to my "Spirit of America" Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD (The Star-Spangled Banner always makes me cry a little, but the emotion's even stronger on the 4th), barbeques, fireworks, family... ahhh. It's all very good for my soul. Even with all the problems our country has, I can't forget how blessed we are to enjoy the freedoms we do. I love the historical patriotic stories I hear around that time of our forefathers and how they fought for our country's freedom. And I LOVE celebrating it!
So, this year we were able to spend the fourth with my sister, Rachel, and her family (minus one of her boys who was at Scout camp). We brought our fireworks (illegally obtained in Colorado, shh), David and Rachel cooked hamburgers and ribs on the new grill, waded in the kids' pool, and played Lego HARRY POTTER! :)
I bought these flip flops for a dollar at Target! (They're even super comfy.)

Dinner! (SUPER good and yummy:)


(The last pic is of us playing HP, even though you can't really tell. I wish we had pictures of the fireworks, but we just took non-digital videos.)



Such a good day! I didn't even mind the heat
that much, believe it or not. :)
I wish you had photoshopped out my fat roll! :P Hooray for 4th of July fun! :)
ReplyDeleteWhatever! You're so silly! (Not that you needed it, but I don't have the slightest idea how to do that! Ha ha!)
ReplyDeleteYou look great!! We had a 4th of July BBQ with our other American friends here, but it was not the same. It was actually to cold to even do any swimming, and everyone went home early because there were no fireworks, and it was rainy.
ReplyDeleteNext year we will find out where to buy the fireworks, it is not like those are illegal here!:)
We have been in Mexico for a year, and we have 3 more to go for medical school. Than we will have a year in New York, and where ever they take us for residency after that. It is an adventure!! You would like it here!
You look great, I am glad to see your happy! Best of wishes to you and yours!! Jenn
Wow Jenn! Sounds like your July 4th was a bit of a bust this time around...next year will be better though! I can't even imagine it being too cold and rainy for fireworks, etc.! And thanks, it's great to see you guys too and your adorable family! :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a super fun day! Don't know why we had Mexican cokes for the 4th. Somethings doesn't seem right. ha ha
ReplyDelete