20 March 2010

Reception in Thatcher

So, I know I have a lot of pictures from the wedding stuff...but I love them all and it was such a good time, I'm going to post about all of it! So there, ha!

We had our reception in Thatcher a week after the wedding. Let me tell you, my mother and other family and friends definitely outdid themselves! The reception was PERFECT, pretty much what I've always dreamed my reception would be like. The pictures don't show everything, since it was so dark and it's hard to see the decorations around the yard. There were strings of white lights everywhere in the bushes, and my Mom had set up these posts with lanterns hanging from them. Then between each of the posts, she strung ribbon or tulle or whatever that stuff is (see how crafty I am [not]?) and tied bows on each one of the posts. And...the food table! I loved the food, the cake, the cupcakes, the AMAZING cheese log, punch, sandwiches, etc. and how they looked all nicely laid out...It was all so gorgeous! We were even able to borrow some big heaters due to the freezing cold weather! OH! And my mom got me a bouquet of tulips to use for the reception. I LOVE TULIPS. I honestly cannot give enough thanks to everyone that helped out! (I promise I will be sending out thank you notes soon...) :)

But, first things first. Leave it to me, the forgetful genius to forget my poofy slip. MY SLIP. Luckily, my proppy (not a real word, I know) photographer sister had some awesome poofy pettiskirts that I could borrow. With a few safety pins, we were in business!


:)

Picture time...








Ok, so this brings us to the cake. I honestly didn't care about having a real wedding cake, so I decided to have a fake one. I figured it would be cheaper, and I knew a wonderful friend who said she would help. I read up on it, watched YouTube videos, etc. As the wedding drew closer, my wonderful and sweet friend (who had a ton of stuff going on and a brand new baby), had to turn over the responsibility to me. Yikes! So, without taking enough time to think and stress out about it, I took all the supplies, hunkered down, and put the cake together. My first experience with ANYTHING like that. I just didn't give myself enough time to freak out. Honestly, I had to take the fondant off a couple of times to redo, but somehow I did it. I DID IT! I seriously can't believe how good it turned out. (And no hard feelings WHATSOEVER to my beautiful friend, promise! :))



And I LOVE the cake topper! I talk about it in the wedding picture post, but when I saw this, I HAD to have it! All the ones I saw in Michael's, Joann's, or any other "normal" craft store ONLY had the man trying to leave. That didn't work for us. I saw this one in the cake decorating store...It fit us perfectly.


So, the night turned out SUPER amazingly. I wish more people could have come to see all the beautiful decorations and everything, but it was so nice to see people and enjoy each other! We even were able to sit down and enjoy some hot cider at the end. Thanks for the cider, Gayle! :)



2 comments:

  1. So I am hungry right now, and reading this and seeing all of that yummy food is making it worse! One funny thing...that picture with Melinda and Shannon arriving...I totally thought it was two pictures because of that pole that divides it up. I had to look at it twice! Anyway, I don't even know if that makes sense, but again, LOVE the layout of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Thanks man! Sorry about the food pictures...I really wanted some more of those cupcakes when I looked at the pictures too...yum. And the cheese log!

    ReplyDelete