18 March 2010

Wedding Luncheon

Ok, so yeah. I'm going to just kind of apologize now in advance for the rest of my blogging life: I will probably never be caught up, just like I am never caught up with my scrapbooking. Not at first, at least. I'm playing with different picture sizes, etc... Some of these pictures are going to be a little big, heads up.

These are all from the luncheon after our wedding! To be perfectly honest, by this time in the day, I was just about ready to be done. Travis and I were both being pulled in different directions, I wanted to talk to my buddies and family, we were tired (thank goodness we didn't have a reception that night, I honestly don't know how people do that!), and I, unlike some other brides, don't love large amounts of attention from a bunch of people at once. Plus, I didn't ever get to finish my veggies! Ha ha. Now that that's said, we did have a wonderful luncheon. It was basically a mini-reception, since we didn't have a full reception here in Mesa, and it was nice to see so many people there that we know and love. My aunt Marcy did a wonderful job with the decorations and I appreciate so much everyone that helped out with food, drinks, setting up, photographing, etc.

Thanks everyone! We love you so much!!


This is the church we had the luncheon in: the prettiest church in Mesa!




Marcy also made these little books for everyone to sign that had pictures of Travis and I when we were dating that she added special little quotes about love, etc. It was so awesome! I even cried a little looking through the book...


And now for the cake feeding pictures... :)




I got him good! ;) (Guess he did get me a little too...)


Some random pics...


The bouquet throwing...




Erica caught the bigger half of the bouquet, but my niece Felicity did grab ahold of the bottom part. Erica was super nice and let her have it! Felicity was so happy!



So, this brings us to the garter-throwing event...I had forgotten to buy one at the last minute, so these lovely girls offered to make one from one of the orange napkins:



They discreetly pulled me into the restroom and helped me put it on so we could have some garter fun... Love these girls! Thanks, Natalie and Erica! Then the silliness commenced. :)






Just some more shots.




Travis' grandfather also sent him a really special gift. He sent us the silver that belonged to Travis' late grandmother. It was really awesome to be there to help open the gift, Travis was so close with his grandmother and loves her so much!



4 comments:

  1. Ok, spill it! How in the heck did you get the pictures to format like that? I seriously LOVE the combination of the big and small pictures! It looks so good that way! I want to do it with mine! So now after all the teaching I have done for you, PLEASE teach me! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and P.S. I never got to finish my veggies either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I'll just forward you the facebook message that Rachel sent me a long time ago when I was asking all you guys for help! I kinda super love the really big pictures and small ones too! And it wasn't hard either, once you get it figured out. :)

    ReplyDelete