05 April 2010

My blog posts are out of order...

Well, some of them anyway. Yeah, and I couldn't really care less. Ha ha.

So...here is Christmas. This was kind of a different experience for me...I hadn't spent Christmas away from my immediate family (mostly my Mom and at least one sibling), well, EVER. I was really grateful for Travis and his family to take me in, but I'm not going to lie, I cried at least once...

That said, Christmas was really great. We got some super cool stuff, and were able to give some really fun gifts too! Another thing we decided to make a tradition was to do the Christmas angel tree at the mall. These first couple of pictures were from when we were shopping for one of the Christmas angel kids. It not only gave us an opportunity to serve others, but have fun shopping as well! :)


Maybe that was a random tangent...And here's another. Travis told me how he used to peek at presents when he was younger (last year...), so I made it kind of a big deal to disguise the presents (fill a water bottle with macaroni or put a soda bottle full of candies in with the gift, etc.). I also told him I like to be surprised too, so above, he is disguising my presents too. :) And here's our small little Christmas tree in our apartment. It looked so much better with presents under it!



And...Christmas morning!



Travis had the camera most of the time...which explains so many pictures of me. :) Overall, we had a pretty great first Christmas together!

No comments:

Post a Comment