13 October 2010

I LOVE books!

Has anyone read the Inkheart series? I read Inkheart a while back, and it was not my favorite...but good. I liked the movie better (I know, weird). I recently finished my last book and needed one to read, so I started reading Inkspell. I actually like it better so far...but that is beside the point. As I was reading the other day, I came across this quote...

"Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read 
it several times? As if something were left between the pages every 
time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then when 
you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself 
there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had 
preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar."

I LOVE this quote. It describes so well how I feel about reading the books I love! Even though it may not be my favorite book series, I love how much the main characters' lives revolve around books. They collect, preserve, repair, and read books over and over! It makes me happy, and a little jealous of these fictional characters... 

:)

3 comments:

  1. I am reading Inkheart right now. Actually I am listening to the audio version and it is a little more enjoyable with the audio. I am really liking it, but I can't say I envy these characters at the moment, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'll admit it; I'm a total nerd. I LOVE finding out what other books people like and I go buy them and read them and (usually) end up loving them!
    Sorry I can't stay and chat, I'm headed to Amazon now to see what kind of deals I can get on "Inkdragon"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment on your blog cool. And truthfully, I didn't even read the post. HA HA HA.

    ReplyDelete