It was cool to walk around and see whatever was stuck to the rocks...this was a super weird thing, because we all kinda thought it would be hard, but it was so squishy! Shells and moss/algae, I guess we should have known. Ha ha.
A crab and more photos....
We ventured out into the water a little, but then came back...
I even saw some pink/purple seaweed stuff! (I was excited because it matched my shirt in the right light... :)
Next stop: Birch Aquarium! So, I found something out about myself that day. I DIG aquariums, dude. I couldn't get enough of this place. We would go to one section, the kids would all look and think it was cool for, like, 5 seconds, and they would move on. But here I was, staying behind, searching for every kind of fish listed, bound and determined to identify each and every one I could see swimming around. I realized that day that I'm kind of a fish nerd too. And that's cool.
They also had this super great "petting zoo" kind of deal out the back, where you could stick your hands in the water and touch sea creatures, like sea urchins and sea cucumbers! I was kinda nervous, I won't lie, but I did it! And it was awesome!
We chilled outside for a bit.
Then, we went back in (wahoo!), and we saw the seahorses. I had never seen one in real life before. I loved the tiny ones and that the males are the ones who have to be pregnant! Crazy.
And these? Dragonfish. DRAGONFISH! (I love dragons, and fish...plus, they look really cool.)
We had a hard time taking this picture...but it worked out ok! Good day in San Diego. :)


Those are some pretty awesome looking fish! The trip posts make me want to visit Cali right now!
ReplyDeleteI love aquariums too! Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDelete