23 April 2011

Day 04- List 15 songs that represent your life’s soundtrack.

This one should be interesting... I will literally give myself a gold star if I can come up with 15. Or even TEN. These are in no particular order. (Also keep in mind that some songs kinda represent my life, and some just bring back fun memories. :)

1. Homesick: Kings of Convenience. "Homesick...cause I no longer know where home is." I've felt that way a few times in my life, but mostly when I was between Denver and Phoenix.

2. Turn On Me: The Shins. Only because of the line "And adults just learn to play the most ridiculous, repulsive games..." I hate playing games in life. Board games, awesome. Real life games, stupid. Just say what you need to say and stop dancing around the issue, or getting offended. Thank heavens I'm out of the single, dating life, because that literally WAS full of ridiculous and repulsive games.

3. Jeans On: Keith Urban. I LOVE wearing jeans. Kind of a silly song, but if I could find a job I enjoyed in which I could wear jeans, that would be heavenly.

4. The Way I Am: Ingrid Michaelson. "And yooouuu take me the way I am." This song rocks because I know Travis loves me for who I am, even though I can be pretty difficult sometimes.

5. Leaky Little Boat: Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. Mostly because of the line, "We say I'm afraid, and I love you...Here we go." Notice it's the same as the blog title? There have been many times where Travis and I have no idea what we're doing or what we're going to do, or where we're headed, so we can be a little afraid. But we push through, knowing we love each other. And it will be alright. :)

6. How Great Thou Art: Church Hymn, not sure who wrote it. This song was my Grandma Massey's favorite hymn, and since she's been gone I have come to realize even more how much she means to me and I aspire to be like her!

7. Mondays, for I hate Mondays: Will Ferrell, Saturday Night Live skit. This song is awesome:
"Mondays, for I hate Mondays,
they make me-e so steamed!
Weekends! I prefer the weekends!
Oh, oh oh oh oh oh."
Who doesn't hate Mondays?

8. (Here I'm doing 2...) Something Like That: Tim McGraw. This song is one of my favorites of all time, mostly because it brings back fun memories of my good friend Shawn. And the Electric Light Parade song from Disneyland, because of my countless Disneyland conversations (and even a Disney trip) with my amazing friend Dasha, and seeing her get crazy excited every time she hears that song!

9. Crash! Boom! Bang!: Roxette. This was more from my past life...but it says "Every time I seem to fall in love, crash, boom, bang!" I played it a lot after break ups...

10. Still Fighting It: Ben Folds. "Everybody knows it sucks to grow up." Amen.

11. Lemons: Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. "Some nights I slumber on a bed of roses, other nights I crash in the weeds. One day a bowl full of cherries, one night I'm suckin' on lemons and spittin' out the seeds." One of my favorite Roger songs, because it's so true. And it makes me hyper. :)

12. Pork and Beans: Weezer. "I'm-a do the things that I want to do, I ain't got a thing to prove to you..." Something I also kinda aspire to, but am slowly achieving (finally!): not caring as much about how others view me.

13. I'm In: Keith Urban. Travis played me this song once when we were having a hard time, and I know he means it. "If I knew what I was doing, I'd be doing it right now. I would be the best damn poet, silver words out of my mouth. My words might not be magic, but they cut straight to the truth: If you need a lover and a friend, baby I'm in." Neither of us are very good with words, so this song works great for us. :)

14. Hedwig's Theme: John Williams. The main Harry Potter soundtrack song I love.

15. (I made it!) Limon Y Sal: Julieta Venegas. Kinda the same thing as number 4, just in Espanol..."Yo te quiero con limon y sal..." I don't know the rest of the lyrics since they're in Spanish, but basically it is saying: I love you coming or going, or in any situation, and you have nothing left to change. Travis and I aren't perfect, but we definitely love each other for who we are. Wahoo!!

Gold star to me! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for blogging and yeah for giving me a shout out...lol!!!! Its embarassing how much I still love that dang electrical light song!!! Seeing the parade in disney world just about did me in with pure happines...hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 10...how much do I love that song? And number 6 *tears*. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete