One guy I dated (he will remain nameless, and I hope he doesn't read this because I didn't ask his permission :) had a secret. He didn't tell me about it until we had been dating for a while, with good reason. He figured he had to tell me though, because I kept trying to touch his hair. Every time I would put my hand up to his forehead to move one of his out-of-place hairs, he would back away from me. I thought this was weird, because he had no problem holding my hand or anything like that, I'm pretty sure we had kissed already as well.
One night, however, I guess I was being a extra-persistent with my attempts to touch the top of his head, so he spilled the beans. "Do you want to know the reason I don't let you touch my hair?" he said. (Duh.) "It's a hair piece." This was while we were sitting in the living room of my apartment, with my roommates in close proximity, but I yelled, "Shut up!!" I thought he was joking. But, he was quite serious, and answered all my silly questions, and let me feel the difference between the real and fake hair.
So, fast forward a couple of months. One night we were sitting in my apartment, talking, and doing things that dating people tend to do (making out). I have to admit I got a little into it, and I had my hands on the back of his head. I guess I pushed a little harder than I expected with my hands, because all of a sudden I felt...tape. We immediately stopped, and looked at each other. I really HAD just..uprooted? unearthed? unstuck? the toupee. We laughed for a good 20 minutes, and called it a night. :)


OH MY GOODNESS! I forgot about this. Not gonna lie, I have tears from laughing so hard!!!! Good times:)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! That's hilarious!! How old was the guy? Do I know him?
ReplyDelete:) He was only 27 or 28 at the time. I don't think you know him, he's from here in Mesa, someone I met through other friends. Good stuff, this blog stuff is bringing back things I'm glad I'm documenting, even though it may be silly! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is an awesome story!
ReplyDelete