You know, there are several types of people I would like to switch lives with for one day. If I could take a week, I would spend Monday as a rich celebrity (mostly just for the money, since I don't really like to be the center of attention).
Tuesday, I would probably choose to be some kind of a school or marriage counselor. I would love to be able to talk with people, listen to their problems and actually be able to help them, instead of just being able to listen attentively.
Wednesday, I would choose to be a professor at a community college. I've been playing with the idea of becoming one (because I don't want to teach middle school or high school...yuck), and I would really like to see what it's like to have people in your class, some listening, some not. Some respecting you, and others figuring out ways to take advantage of you. I could probably handle anything for one day, after all.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I would want to switch with someone in three different countries (maybe Greece, Indonesia, and the other...New Zealand?). First, I want to see those people and live in their culture for just one day. Second, I have wanted to visit these places and I would try to sneak in some touristy time while I was there. I would probably not want to be done after that day, but I would get to experience that, and it would be awesome.
Sunday is the one I think I would want the most... I want to switch lives with a mom. I want to see what it's really like to be one. Now, I'm not talking about telling my friend or my sister with kids to take the day off while I watch her kids. No. That's not the same. I want to experience a day where those kids drive me out of my mind, but I have so much love for them that I still want to keep them around. I want to take the time to sit down and play with them and teach them. I guess that would be a pretty tall order to fill, but it would be kinda nice to experience the real thing before we take that plunge. And yeah. I know once we have the kids, I'll probably want to switch back to a kid-less person again. But hopefully just for a day. :)
Mr. Pax
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment